The JVC PC-R550C is a rarely seen model that featured a single cassette, two detachable speakers and a 5 band graphic equalizer. It’s been mentioned that the “C” may identify it as a Canadian model. Features:
- 12 cm Woofers with 5 cm Tweeter Speakers
- Backlit LCD Panel Display which displays Tape Status, VU Levels, and more.
- 2 Motor Cassette Deck
- Built in Phono Stage
- Auto Reverse
- Dolby B and C
- High Power Output – 21 Watts Per Channel into 6 OHM
- Great Sound – Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 30 KHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 10%
- Logic Controls
- Music Scan / Search Functions
- Reverse Playback
- 5 Band SEA Graphic Equalizer
- Detachable Speakers
- Phones out function for headphone usage.
- Fully portable, runs off D batteries
- AM/FM/SW1/SW2 Radio Playback.
- Double Antenna with ability to add extra antenna on back
- Comes with Power Cord
Update: A JVC PC-R550C in very good working condition sold for $689.99 in September of 2019.
2 thoughts on “JVC PC-R550C”
The PC-550 is the black version of the grey PC-55, which preceded the PC-550 by about one to two years. I remember the PC-550 selling in Canada in 1985/86 for around $499.
I had the grey version with 110V/ 220V switch. The screws of the auto reverse got worn, so that the head wasn’t always in the right postion. The radio was having more and more trouble receiving. But the worst was my own mistake detaching loudspeakers with power on: + and – got connected and since there is no protect mode or however you call it, the amp blew up in smoke. The LED-display didn’t show all it should.
I would love to get a new one though …